Qualys Web Application Scanning (WAS) 6.0 now supports Swagger version 2.0, allowing DevOps teams to streamline assessments of REST APIs and get faster visibility of the security posture of mobile application backends and Internet of Things (IoT) services. Additionally, a new native plugin for Jenkins delivers automated vulnerability scanning of web applications for teams using the popular Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tool. In tandem, customers can now leverage the new Qualys Browser Recorder, a free Google Chrome browser extension, to easily review scripts for navigating through complex authentication and business workflows in web applications.
"One of our goals is to perform security testing early in the software development lifecycle and being able to seamlessly integrate scanning into our build environments is key to that," said
"As companies move their internal apps to the cloud and embrace new technologies, web app security must be integrated into the DevOps process to safeguard data and prevent breaches," said
Qualys WAS 6.0 and new capabilities include:
- Scanning of Swagger-based REpresentational State Transfer (REST) APIs - In addition to scanning Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) web services, Qualys WAS now leverages the Swagger specification for testing REST APIs. Users need only ensure the Swagger version 2.0 file (JSON format) is visible to the scanning service, and the APIs will automatically be tested for common application security flaws.
- Jenkins plugin - The Qualys WAS Jenkins plugin empowers DevOps teams to build application vulnerability scans into their existing CI/CD processes. By integrating scans in this manner, application security testing is accomplished earlier in the
SDLCto catch and eliminate security flaws thereby significantly reducing the cost of remediation compared to doing so later in the SDLC. Download the plugin here.
- Qualys Browser Recorder - This new Chrome extension allows users to record web browser activity and save the scripts for repeatable, automated testing. Scripts are played back in Qualys WAS, allowing the scanning engine to successfully navigate through complex authentication and business workflows. The Qualys Browser Recorder extension is free and available to anyone (not just
Qualyscustomers) via the Chrome Web Store.
Pricing and Availability
Qualys WAS 6.0 is available today as an annual subscription based on the number of web applications. Annual subscriptions start at
Qualyson LinkedIn and Twitter
- Read more about the Qualys Cloud Platform
- Read about Qualys Web Application Scanning
News Provided by Acquire Media