Qualys FIM logs and centrally tracks file change events across global IT systems and a variety of enterprise operating systems to provide customers a simple way to achieve centralized cloud-based visibility of activity resulting from normal patching and administrative tasks, change control exceptions or violations, or malicious activity — then report on that system activity as part of compliance mandates.
"Increased regulations and growing security concerns are driving enterprises to consider larger, global FIM deployments," said
"Current FIM tools have failed large organizations trying to scale across global IT environments, while smaller organizations struggle to get these critical security controls in place and address compliance requirements at a price they can afford," said
Real-time change detection is necessary to achieve a solid base of operational hygiene across diverse cloud and on-premise environments containing rapidly changing assets, without putting undue strain on systems and budgets. It is also increasingly required by regulations such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) as a mandatory control along with vulnerability management. As a cloud-based service, Qualys FIM allows teams to eliminate the expense of deploying and maintaining a point solution in order to globally comply with change control policy enforcement and change monitoring requirements.
Qualys FIM can be activated instantly via the same Qualys Cloud Agent used for assessing vulnerabilities and configurations. This single agent sends real-time critical change event data and supporting details to the cloud for efficient, cost-effective monitoring and correlation. A centralized dashboard and powerful event search engine help users mine that information to identify critical changes, incidents, and audit risks.
The initial release of the Qualys FIM app offers:
- Easy setup and no maintenance: FIM deploys to endpoints via the single, lightweight Qualys Cloud Agent, which eliminates the need for managing separate agents for varied security solutions. The Qualys Cloud Agent is easy to deploy via silent installer, is self-patching and self-maintaining, eliminating the cost commonly associated with agent-based point security solutions.
- Preconfigured content: FIM comes with out-of-the-box monitoring profiles for common compliance and audit requirements, including PCI mandates.
- Real-time change engine: The Qualys Cloud Agent continuously monitors the files and directories specified in the monitoring profile and captures critical change metadata, such as which user and process were involved, making it very easy to correlate change events across an asset or an entire IT environment.
- Minimal performance impact: All data storage, correlation and analysis is done in the cloud and tuned to have minimal impact on the monitored server and the network.
- Integration with Asset Inventory (AI): Users can make use of dashboards and queries in Qualys AI to monitor changes within the context of asset groups.
Availability and Pricing
Qualys FIM is generally available to customers today. Pricing is based on number of assets where the Qualys Cloud Agent for FIM is installed and annual subscriptions start at
Planned capabilities in future releases include the ability to view text file change details; change incident tracking; manual event review workflow; automated change event correlation; file history view; dynamic response prioritization; and integration with external change control approval systems.
Qualyson LinkedIn and Twitter
- Read more about
QualysFile Integrity Monitoring
- Read more about the
Qualys Cloud Agent
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qualys-launches-disruptive-file-integrity-monitoring-cloud-app-for-simplified-detection-of-unauthorized-change-and-policy-violations-300526401.html
News Provided by Acquire Media