CloudView delivers to customers topological visibility and insight about the security and compliance posture of their complete public cloud infrastructure for major providers including
According to Cisco's Global Cloud Index forecast1, cloud workloads will account for 92 percent of all data center traffic by 2020. To prepare for this shift, InfoSec teams must adapt their practices to the scale and elasticity of cloud workloads, and define their share of joint security responsibility with public cloud providers. Qualys CloudView addresses this need by extending
CloudView augments the existing
"Accelerated cloud adoption requires new adaptive security solutions that support fast-moving digital transformation efforts," said
The initial release of Qualys CloudView includes two apps as such:
The Cloud Inventory (CI) App offers:
- Comprehensive Inventory: Qualys CloudView integrates with the native APIs available from public cloud providers to continuously discover resources and automate security monitoring against industry standards and architectural best practices.
- Topological Visibility: CI provides topological views of the infrastructure and relationships across other cloud resources. Users can drill down into the deployment architecture across different dimensions like location, network layouts and security group view to quickly get to the root cause of issues.
The Cloud Security Assessment (CSA) App offers:
- Continuous Security Monitoring: Qualys CloudView automates security monitoring against industry standards to identify threats caused by misconfigurations, unwarranted access and non-standard deployments, and provides remediation steps to manage risks. CloudView also automates evaluation of regulatory mandates like PCI-DSS, HIPAA, NIST and ISO 27001. Users can check for compliance against the mandates and generate reports to submit to their auditors.
- Insight and Threat Prioritization: Complete cloud resource inventory information in CloudView powers simple yet powerful search queries across an asset's configuration and complex associations to quickly identify the root cause of an incident. To track and understand trends in fast-changing elastic clouds, CloudView provides both a real time and a historical view of the inventory. Security posture visibility includes cloud host vulnerability, compliance and threat intelligence data from the existing
Qualysplatform, enabling users with context to effectively prioritize and remediate threats.
- Automated Security Throughout the DevOps Pipeline: Qualys CloudView supports REST APIs for seamless integration with the CI/CD tool chain, providing DevSecOps teams with an up-to-date assessment of potential risks and exposure. The solution can be integrated with Governance, Risk and Compliance, Security Information and Event Management, and ticketing service providers to help InfoSec teams automate processing of threats and remediation.
Qualys CloudView will be available in beta for AWS starting Q4 2017, with future versions supporting other major cloud providers like Azure and Google Cloud. The first two apps include Cloud Inventory (CI) and Cloud Security Assessment (CSA).
News Provided by Acquire Media