FOSTER CITY, Calif., July 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Qualys, Inc. (NASDAQ: QLYS), a pioneer and leading provider of cloud-based security and compliance solutions, today announced Qualys Community Edition, a free cloud-based service giving small organizations unified visibility of their own or their clients' IT and web assets, and the ability to easily assess security and compliance postures using the accuracy and reliability of the Qualys Cloud Platform.
Qualys Community Edition allows users to leverage the power of the Qualys Cloud Platform, which performs billions of scans annually with Six Sigma accuracy, to automatically gather and analyze security and compliance data from hybrid IT environments. This accurate and immediate visibility helps organizations around the globe maintain a higher level of security and provide auditors with trusted compliance reports, while consolidating their stack and drastically reducing costs.
"The increased attack surface in this digital era makes security and compliance a key element of any thriving business," said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO, Qualys, Inc. "Harnessing the power of the Qualys Cloud Platform, we built the Qualys Community Edition to give organizations including SMBs, consultants and MSPs an easy and comprehensive solution to identity their IT assets and continuously assess their security posture, helping build a solid and secure IT environment without the hassle and cost of deploying point solutions."
Additionally, Qualys Community Edition integrates both QualysCloudView and CertView capabilities into the service, providing the ability to identify all public cloud assets and resources, and to manage and grade all internet-facing digital certificates.
"After using several popular vulnerability scanning solutions, we chose the Qualys Cloud Platform for its breadth of different services, ease of reporting, and flexibility," said Jerry Hughes, Managing Partner, VP of Operations, Sr. Executive IT Auditor, Compass IT Compliance. "We look forward to growing our business in partnership with Qualys and leveraging continuously added solutions such as the Qualys Community Edition."
Qualys Community Edition features:
- Simple Deployment: As a cloud-based service, deployment requires no hardware maintenance nor commitment to on-premises devices. Users avoid the need to update vulnerability signatures or bear the cost of any hardware.
- Trusted and Reliable Scanning Platform: The Qualys Cloud Platform performs more than 3 billion vulnerability scans per year and exceeds Six Sigma accuracy (99.99966%). This level of reliability creates a foundation for strong security and reliable compliance.
- Comprehensive KnowledgeBase Detection for Vulnerability Management and Web Application Scanning: Users can conduct complete vulnerability assessments for tens of thousands of detections spanning hybrid IT environments and includes the latest OWASP Top 10 Application Security Risks.
- Powerful Search Capabilities: An elasticsearch-powered backend, AssetView, collects asset inventory by leveraging network scanners, then indexes them for instant visibility and fast searches.
- Secure Configuration Assessment: Allows organizations to assess, report and remediate security-related configuration issues leveraging the latest CIS security benchmarks.
- Easy and Flexible Reporting: The ability to generate reports and assess results quickly and effortlessly.
Qualys Community Edition will be available at the end of July. It includes unlimited scanning of up to 16 internal assets, three external assets and one web application URL. Users receive one virtual appliance for scanning non-public-facing assets.
About the Qualys Cloud Platform
As a revolutionary unified architecture powering more than 15 Qualys security and compliance Cloud Apps, the Qualys Cloud Platform offers customers a streamlined solution for avoiding the cost and complexities of managing multiple security vendors. Automatically gathering and analyzing security and compliance data from IT assets anywhere in one single-pane view, it gives customers the scalability, visibility, accuracy and breadth of capabilities to fight cyber attacks and build security into their digital transformation initiatives.
Qualys, Inc. (NASDAQ: QLYS) is a pioneer and leading provider of cloud-based security and compliance solutions with over 10,300 customers in more than 130 countries, including a majority of each of the Forbes Global 100 and Fortune 100. Qualys helps organizations streamline and consolidate their security and compliance solutions in a single platform and build security into digital transformation initiatives for greater agility, better business outcomes and substantial cost savings. The Qualys Cloud Platform and its integrated Cloud Apps deliver businesses critical security intelligence continuously, enabling them to automate the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications on premises, on endpoints and elastic clouds. Founded in 1999 as one of the first SaaS security companies, Qualys has established strategic partnerships with leading managed service providers and consulting organizations including Accenture, BT, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Deutsche Telekom, Fujitsu, HCL Technologies, HP Enterprise, IBM, Infosys, NTT, Optiv, SecureWorks, Tata Communications, Verizon and Wipro. The Company is also a founding member of the Cloud Security Alliance. For more information, please visit www.qualys.com.
Qualys and the Qualys logo are proprietary trademarks of Qualys, Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qualys-unveils-free-community-edition-of-its-cloud-platform-to-provide-security-professionals-with-a-unified-view-of-it-security-and-compliance-300678303.html
SOURCE Qualys, Inc.