The Qualys Cloud Platform, with its active scanning, always-on agents, container and cloud sensors, provides global enterprises with unprecedented 2-second visibility of their hybrid IT infrastructure covering on-premises assets, multi-cloud environments, containers and traveling workforces. The highly scalable platform performs over 3 billion device assessments annually, analyzing a trillion change events with its Kafka clusters that process billions of messages daily, and indexing over 250 billion security data points in its Elasticsearch clusters.
Such an unprecedented near real-time processing of data coupled with millisecond search responses of the Qualys Cloud Platform indexing clusters give customers and Managed Security Providers (MSSP) instant, continuous visibility of all their IT global assets with a continuous view of their security and compliance posture in a single-pane-of-glass view, via dynamic and customizable dashboards.
By getting real-time access to network analysis data, multiple additional capabilities such as global IT asset discovery and inventory with two-way CMDB synchronization, detection of compromised assets and Network Access Control (NAC) can now be delivered natively from the Qualys Cloud Platform with high accuracy and automation.
"While Digital transformation is now essential for businesses to remain competitive, building security in is the only viable approach and the days of bolting security on are over," said
Furthermore, with this native integration, the Qualys Cloud Platform is uniquely suited to address the number of unmanaged connected devices, like
Qualys Passive Network Sensor (PNS)
This first release of PNS adds a powerful set of asset discovery and inventory capabilities providing tracking and a continuous view into all IT assets connected to the network, non-intrusively and in real-time. It monitors asset activity and illuminates any anomaly, enabling security teams to more effectively contain threats and remediate vulnerabilities. This ability to act with immediacy and at scale delivers these teams higher confidence in the metrics guiding their global security and compliance programs.
PNS will enable organizations to:
- Eliminate blind spots: The Qualys Cloud Platform aggregates asset telemetry from Passive Network Sensors, network scanners and always-on cloud agents to provide a comprehensive, detailed and multidimensional inventory of all IT assets across hybrid infrastructures, including unmanaged devices such as BYOD and rogue IT. PNS also helps discover and profile assets that for different reasons can't be actively scanned nor monitored with cloud agents, such as industrial equipment, IoT and medical devices. Expected beta available in Q3 2018.
- Identify suspicious traffic: PNS provides deep packet inspection to continuously analyze and detect suspicious traffic. The Qualys Cloud Platform then correlates these network anomalies to other indications of compromise. Expected beta available in Q1 2019.
- Secure and control network access: Native integration with network access control functionality, resulting from
Qualys'acquisition of Nevis Networks, enables customers to respond to threats automatically by controlling access to critical resources. Network access control, informed by PNS real-time detection, autonomously protects the network by quarantining non-compliant devices based on established policies and security posture. Expected beta available in Q1 2019.
Qualys Sensor Family
Passive Network Sensor is part of the
Passive Network Sensor will be available in private beta later this month. This first phase delivers capabilities focused on asset discovery and profiling. General availability is planned for early 2019.
Qualyson LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about Qualys Passive Network Sensor
- Read more about the Qualys Cloud Platform